- Brandy Is Not Here To ‘Bow Down’; Brandy Talks New ‘Temptation’ Movie + Beyonce New SinglePosted 15847 days ago
- In Case You’ve Missed Out: The Unwritten Rules Episodes 1-9Posted 15847 days ago
- President Obama Painting Creates Controversy; Called Disrespectful & BlasphemousPosted 15847 days ago
- Fancy, oh Fancy! Happy 46th Birthday To Garcelle Beauvais!!!Posted 15847 days ago
- Spotted: Beyonce and Jayz Hang Courtside at Brooklyn Nets GamePosted 15847 days ago
Zimmerman CHARGED With Second Degree Murder!!!
…and then we all exhaled.
The 28 year old shooter of Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman, has officially been charged with second degree murder. Upon being charged Zimmerman was finally arrested and taken into custody by Florida Department of Law Enforcement earlier today.
This has been a very tense and trying month as Trayvon Martin supporters from around the world came together to rally for justice on behalf of the slain teen.
Jacksonville prosecutor, Angela Corey who announced the charges against Zimmerman, states that the decision to charge Zimmerman did not come lightly, however, that it was her responsibility to get to the bottom of what really happened that tragic night.
The stall in his arrest came from the Stand Your Ground law which was enacted in 2005 by Representative Dennis Baxley. Under the an individual would be premitted to “stand their ground” and protect themselves from anyone who may pose a reasonable threat of death or serious injury even if the ending result of the opposing person is death. However, Rep. Baxley states that there is NOTHING in that law that would allow to “pursue and confront” unarmed individuals.
If Zimmerman is convicted he stands to face a maximum sentence of life without the possibility of parole.