- Brandy Is Not Here To ‘Bow Down’; Brandy Talks New ‘Temptation’ Movie + Beyonce New SinglePosted 15849 days ago
- In Case You’ve Missed Out: The Unwritten Rules Episodes 1-9Posted 15849 days ago
- President Obama Painting Creates Controversy; Called Disrespectful & BlasphemousPosted 15849 days ago
- Fancy, oh Fancy! Happy 46th Birthday To Garcelle Beauvais!!!Posted 15849 days ago
- Spotted: Beyonce and Jayz Hang Courtside at Brooklyn Nets GamePosted 15849 days ago
Women We Love: Mary J. Blige Covers Essence Magazine + Serves As Guest Editor
Trying to push past the embarrassment surrounding the epic and now viral [famous] Burger King commercial that hit the internet last month, the undisputed “Queen of Hip Hop Soul”, Mary J. Blige, graces the cover of Essence magazines June 2012 issue.
In addition to gracing the cover while rocking some very interesting accessory pieces, Mary will serve as the guest editor for the Essences’ June issue. Inside the issue, Mary takes on topics pertaining to her relationship with her husband, self-acceptance, and rumors.
On her marriage to Kendu:
My marriage is not on the rocks. But I would be a liar and my fans would hate me if I said to them, oh we’re perfect and everything is great. We have situations just like everyone else; it’s real. But we love each other, that’s it.
On learning to love herself:
I was never really able to look at myself in the mirror until I began to hear God telling me I was beautiful. Suddenly, other people started telling me I was beautiful too.
One can not deny that Mary has come a very long way since she first hit the scene back in the early 90’s with her debut LP, “What’s The 4-1-1”. Being able to overcome a severe drug addiction, survive an abusive relationship as well as learning to love and accept herself all while finding love is a major accomplishment for anyone.
Always the one for re-invention and adaptation, Mary has been able to maintain and hold down her title as the Queen and shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon.