- Brandy Is Not Here To ‘Bow Down’; Brandy Talks New ‘Temptation’ Movie + Beyonce New SinglePosted 15847 days ago
- In Case You’ve Missed Out: The Unwritten Rules Episodes 1-9Posted 15847 days ago
- President Obama Painting Creates Controversy; Called Disrespectful & BlasphemousPosted 15847 days ago
- Fancy, oh Fancy! Happy 46th Birthday To Garcelle Beauvais!!!Posted 15847 days ago
- Spotted: Beyonce and Jayz Hang Courtside at Brooklyn Nets GamePosted 15847 days ago
Black On Covers: Tyler Perry Covers Mens Health Magazine + Talks Replacing Morgan Freeman in ‘Alex Cross’ Movie
Play writer and mega producer turned actor, Tyler Perry, can be seen on the newest cover of Men’s Health Magazine where he discusses his recent 30 pound weight loss for his new movie Alex Cross and what it was like taking over a role that was traditionally played by veteran actor Morgan Freeman.
Excerpt from Men’s Health:
Tyler Perry on losing over 30 pounds:
I walk into a room with a lot more confidence. All my life I’ve tried to hide my height. I was taller than everybody else and stood out, so I would slouch and try to hide it. But with what I’ve been able to do with my body, I’m owning it. I’m standing up when I walk into a room. Now, I feel like it’s okay to be thought of as sexy.
Tyler Perry on taking over the role of Alex Cross:
With Alex Cross, people say it’s off-brand, a little different. But it’s on purpose. They release it here, release it internationally, and now my stock has gone up on my own catalogs. Everything is about moving the ship forward. . . .Outside the ship doesn’t matter. What’s in the ship is mine, and it’s going in the direction I think it should go.