- Brandy Is Not Here To ‘Bow Down’; Brandy Talks New ‘Temptation’ Movie + Beyonce New SinglePosted 15848 days ago
- In Case You’ve Missed Out: The Unwritten Rules Episodes 1-9Posted 15848 days ago
- President Obama Painting Creates Controversy; Called Disrespectful & BlasphemousPosted 15848 days ago
- Fancy, oh Fancy! Happy 46th Birthday To Garcelle Beauvais!!!Posted 15848 days ago
- Spotted: Beyonce and Jayz Hang Courtside at Brooklyn Nets GamePosted 15848 days ago
Tuesday Quick Quotes: Keyshia Cole Is Happy Now But She’s Still Here For Her Fans
Since her debut back in 2004-2005 with her Kanye West produced single I Changed My Mind, Keyshia Cole built her career by her ability to tug at the strings of the heart with songs full of love, pain and heartbreak. Best known for songs like I Should Have Cheated, I Remember, Love and Should’ve Let You Go, Keyshia has given fans years of emotionally driven songs. It is no secret that Keyshia has appeared happier in recent years thanks to the birth of her son Daniel Jr. and her recent marriage and while Keyshia has not completely abandoned her core music, she is definitely not in the mood for another sad love song.
During a recent talk with Essence, Keyshia admitted that since being married and becoming a mother her life has been much happier so it is harder for her to write music like she use to, so for this album Keyshia revealed that she had to bring in a team of writers to help her “channel those feelings” and connect with her fans who use her music as therapy.
“It has because I’m in a happy place now. However, some of my fans are not. So I brought on a bunch of writers this time around… obviously I’m not in that place to write those kinds of songs.”
As far as her new reality show [Family First] is concerned, Keyshia tells Essence that she is extremely nervous because the show is completely different from her previous reality show and while we will get to see her mother Frankie, who has been doing well in rehab, we will not be seeing her sister Neffie.