- Brandy Is Not Here To ‘Bow Down’; Brandy Talks New ‘Temptation’ Movie + Beyonce New SinglePosted 15846 days ago
- In Case You’ve Missed Out: The Unwritten Rules Episodes 1-9Posted 15846 days ago
- President Obama Painting Creates Controversy; Called Disrespectful & BlasphemousPosted 15846 days ago
- Fancy, oh Fancy! Happy 46th Birthday To Garcelle Beauvais!!!Posted 15846 days ago
- Spotted: Beyonce and Jayz Hang Courtside at Brooklyn Nets GamePosted 15846 days ago
Throwback Jam List: Tevin Campbell– 6 Songs That Will Forever Make Him Great
It is undeniable that Tevin Campbell, born on November 12, 1976, ruled the early 90’s.
Despite his current state, back in the 90’s pre-teen sensation Tevin Campbell was every young girls dream. His falsetto was better than some female artists during that time and today. He was the Usher before there was an Usher and before there was a Batman, Romeo, & LDB there was T.E.V.I.N.
Breaking out with his first single “Round & Round” which was produced by Prince, Tevin saw instant success with his first album T.E.V.I.N which was released in 1991 and was certified platinum. The album included his number 1 hit “Tell Me What You Want To Do” which was followed by his equally successful singles “Alone With You” and “Goodbye”.
His follow up album found a greater amount of success thanks to the albums most memorable singles “Can We Talk” and the title track “I’m Ready” which took the album to double platinum status.
I had the biggest crush on him back in the day. I played my mothers cassette tapes so much that my mother eventually ended up giving it to me because I kept taking it. It is a shame that he got caught up in the Hollywierd life because his voice was truly great and had the potential to go further in his career than he did.
1. Round & Round
“Nothing comes from dreamers but dreams…’”
2. Tell Me What You Want Me To Do
“If you understand how I feel, you should know that my love is real”
3. Good Bye
“…I’ve got a love that you will never see”
4. I’m Ready
“Girl I’m ready to love you”
5. Can We Talk
“Can we talk for a minute girl I want to know you name”
6. Always In My Heart
“If I never ever say that I love you, just remember girl I’m saying I do, love you and you are always in my heart”