- Brandy Is Not Here To ‘Bow Down’; Brandy Talks New ‘Temptation’ Movie + Beyonce New SinglePosted 15849 days ago
- In Case You’ve Missed Out: The Unwritten Rules Episodes 1-9Posted 15849 days ago
- President Obama Painting Creates Controversy; Called Disrespectful & BlasphemousPosted 15849 days ago
- Fancy, oh Fancy! Happy 46th Birthday To Garcelle Beauvais!!!Posted 15849 days ago
- Spotted: Beyonce and Jayz Hang Courtside at Brooklyn Nets GamePosted 15849 days ago
Relationship Advice From Iyanla Vanzant: “ When You See Crazy Coming, Cross The Street” [video]
The clip features an interview from 1998 where Vanzant talks with Oprah about finding your “soul mate” and how often times we, especially women, seem to believe that we are able to “fix” a man just by loving them while failing to realize that the only person who can change a person, is that person.
So many times we find ourselves stuck in relationships that we know are no good for us under the notion that if we just stick it out a little bit longer, or maybe if we just love a little harder, forgive a little more and continue to be that rock that he needs we will reap the benefits of all our hard work.
While this may happen occasionally, reality is that it doesn’t and the sooner we realize this, the better out chances are of living happier lives.
Peep the clip:
Why do we think that love “fixes” things?