- Brandy Is Not Here To ‘Bow Down’; Brandy Talks New ‘Temptation’ Movie + Beyonce New SinglePosted 15845 days ago
- In Case You’ve Missed Out: The Unwritten Rules Episodes 1-9Posted 15845 days ago
- President Obama Painting Creates Controversy; Called Disrespectful & BlasphemousPosted 15845 days ago
- Fancy, oh Fancy! Happy 46th Birthday To Garcelle Beauvais!!!Posted 15845 days ago
- Spotted: Beyonce and Jayz Hang Courtside at Brooklyn Nets GamePosted 15845 days ago
President Obama Stops By The View; Talks Pop Culture, America’s Future & J.P. Morgan
President Obama was invited to sit in with the ladies over at ABC’s The View Tuesday afternoon. During his sit down with the ladies, President Obama discussed several hot topics at the moment including gay marriage and the recent financial disaster involving banking corporation, J.P. Morgan.
On J.P. Morgan recent loss:
This is why we passed the Wall Street Reform because even if you smart, you can still make mistakes. Since these banks are insured and backed up by taxpayers, we don’t want you [banks] taking risks where eventually we might end up having to bail you out again because we’ve already done that…we’ve been there and didn’t like it. So this is why we raise capital requirement so that when they do lose money, they have enough of money stored away so that they can pay off their obligations…
On recreating America to be successful for future generations:
I travel all around the world and whenever you ask someone where they would want to be and what country they admire most, they all say here. We’ve got all the ingredients to be successful for the next hundred years, but what happens is…politics break down and we’ve become more obsessed with winning elections then setting up things for the next generation. If we could get through that could not be more confident and could not be more proud in the direction this country is heading.
After discussing the more serious issues, The View hosts lightened up the mood by quizzing the President on pop culture. From the above clip, I believe that it is safe to assume that the President is very much in tune with pop culture and the hottest topics. The President, however, is not familiar with “50 Shades of Gray” but will be questioning the First Lady about when he gets home.