- Brandy Is Not Here To ‘Bow Down’; Brandy Talks New ‘Temptation’ Movie + Beyonce New SinglePosted 15847 days ago
- In Case You’ve Missed Out: The Unwritten Rules Episodes 1-9Posted 15847 days ago
- President Obama Painting Creates Controversy; Called Disrespectful & BlasphemousPosted 15847 days ago
- Fancy, oh Fancy! Happy 46th Birthday To Garcelle Beauvais!!!Posted 15847 days ago
- Spotted: Beyonce and Jayz Hang Courtside at Brooklyn Nets GamePosted 15847 days ago
New Craze: Teens Are Now Drinking Hand Sanitizer To Get Drunk
I will never understand that risk that teenagers take these days just to get high or intoxicated. I have heard a lot of ridiculous and idiotic methods that teenagers try but this has to be one of the stupidest methods I have heard in a long time.
I first caught wind of this new “craze” while suffering Youtube and seeing a video of a group of teens downing a bottle of Germ-X hand sanitizer. I couldn’t help but scratch my head as I watched the gentleman in the video get the screw face after taking in a mouthful of and then taking off to the bathroom to vomit.
After watching the video with the confused face I continued on with my search chucking it up to just a group of teens being stupid. Fast forward a few days and I read a story about six teenagers in California who were hospitalized after doing the exact same thing that I witnessed in the video.
According to Cyrus Reagan, who is the director of the toxicology bureau over at the Los Angeles County Health Department, getting drunk by swallowing hand sanitizer is not hard as a liquid hand sanitizer contains 62% ethyl alcohol and makes a 120-proof liquid. A few swallows would be the equivalent of taking a hard shot of liquor.