- Brandy Is Not Here To ‘Bow Down’; Brandy Talks New ‘Temptation’ Movie + Beyonce New SinglePosted 15875 days ago
- In Case You’ve Missed Out: The Unwritten Rules Episodes 1-9Posted 15875 days ago
- President Obama Painting Creates Controversy; Called Disrespectful & BlasphemousPosted 15875 days ago
- Fancy, oh Fancy! Happy 46th Birthday To Garcelle Beauvais!!!Posted 15875 days ago
- Spotted: Beyonce and Jayz Hang Courtside at Brooklyn Nets GamePosted 15875 days ago
Is It 50/50 or All or Nothing?
I hear this from my girlfriends all the time especially when they are speaking about the level of equality in their relationships. They go on and on about how everything in their relationship is 50/50. They give half and their partner gives half. Often times as I sit and listen to them my mind drifts off and I begin to think about how much sense this really makes. Do we really want to just give half of ourselves in a relationship? Why would anyone want someone who will only give you a portion of what you deserve?
I find it hilarious that although so many gloat about being 50/50 in their relationship the moment the other individual seems to be giving less than 100% it becomes a problem. But isn’t that what you asked for? Some might say that this rule applies to the materialistic side of the relationship, but it really doesn’t. A relationship can only survive if there is an equal amount of respect, understanding, communication, love, trust, honesty give AND take, which some may prefer to call “compromise”. Without putting a 100% into any of these areas it is almost definite that the relationship will not last long and if it does the road will be extremely rocky.
I, personally, strive to give my all and I expect the same from my partner. If I find myself in a situation where I cannot or do not want to give my all then I know that the relationship is not going to work. I can not be in a any kind of relationship and “half ass” it. That is not fair to myself or to the individual that I am dealing with.
Do you demand All or Nothing?