- Brandy Is Not Here To ‘Bow Down’; Brandy Talks New ‘Temptation’ Movie + Beyonce New SinglePosted 15850 days ago
- In Case You’ve Missed Out: The Unwritten Rules Episodes 1-9Posted 15850 days ago
- President Obama Painting Creates Controversy; Called Disrespectful & BlasphemousPosted 15850 days ago
- Fancy, oh Fancy! Happy 46th Birthday To Garcelle Beauvais!!!Posted 15850 days ago
- Spotted: Beyonce and Jayz Hang Courtside at Brooklyn Nets GamePosted 15850 days ago
Gabby Douglas Speaks About Her Absent Father “I just had to pray to God just to keep him safe”
Gabby is doing her thing and after winning two gold medals in the Olympics at the tender age of 16, Gabby has a lot to be thankful for. After her not so great uneven bar performance, Gabby was still in high spirits as she stood to the side with reporters who were just itching to ask her questions.
Staying graceful and pleasant as the topic of conversation slowly transitioned itself from being about her performance and/or accomplishments to her families financial status, Gabby talked about family life and her relationship with her absent Air Force Staff Sgt. father, Timothy Douglas.
“I just had to pray to God just to keep him safe and tell the angels to keep my dad safe and come home…It was hard for us growing up – my dad had left us, so he wasn’t really in the picture anymore. So, my mom had to front all these bills. My dad didn’t really pay the child support. He was short (on money)…It was definitely hard on my mom, taking care of me and my siblings.”
As far as her performance on the beams go:
“Coming into bar finals was a big challenge for me and I made a little mistake. Even if I would have hit a solid routine, I know I have a lower start value then the other competitors. I’m going to go into the beam finals tomorrow and try really hard to end on a good note.”