- Brandy Is Not Here To ‘Bow Down’; Brandy Talks New ‘Temptation’ Movie + Beyonce New SinglePosted 15875 days ago
- In Case You’ve Missed Out: The Unwritten Rules Episodes 1-9Posted 15875 days ago
- President Obama Painting Creates Controversy; Called Disrespectful & BlasphemousPosted 15875 days ago
- Fancy, oh Fancy! Happy 46th Birthday To Garcelle Beauvais!!!Posted 15875 days ago
- Spotted: Beyonce and Jayz Hang Courtside at Brooklyn Nets GamePosted 15875 days ago
Florida Businessman Creates Trayvon Martin-Inspired Target Practices; Sells Them Online
That awkward moment when you attempt to make a profit off the unfortunate death of a Florida teenage boy and expect not to be ridiculed in the process…
My thoughts exactly…
No one knows what was going through the mind of an Orlando businessman when he decided that it would be a good idea to create and sell Trayvon Martin-inspired target practices with a faceless silhouette (Black) youth on it who just so happens to be holding a pack of skittles and an Arizona.
Professing to be an avid supporter of George Zimmerman, the nameless man whose targets were being sold on GunBroker.com, believes that Zimmerman is innocent and simply did the community a favor by shooting “a thug.” The man also openly admits to creating the targets in an attempt to capitalize off the controversial circumstances surrounding the case.
What is more interesting is that the targets sold out within two day of them becoming available online. According to Rawstory.com, the following description was found under the item:
“10 Pack Trayvon Martin Targets,” and the description read: “”Everyone knows the story of Zimmerman and Martin. Obviously we support Zimmerman and believe he is innocent and that he shot a thug. Each target is printed on thick, high quality poster paper with a matte finish! The dimensions are 12″x18″ ( The same as Darkotic Zombie Targets) This is a Ten Pack of Targets.”
Zimmerman’s attorney, Mike O’Mara, went on record expressing his complete disgust and disapproval of the targets referring to it as “the highest level of disgust and the lowest level of civility.”
I can only imagine what Trayvon’s mother must be going through, especially with it being two days before Mothers Day.