- Brandy Is Not Here To ‘Bow Down’; Brandy Talks New ‘Temptation’ Movie + Beyonce New SinglePosted 15849 days ago
- In Case You’ve Missed Out: The Unwritten Rules Episodes 1-9Posted 15849 days ago
- President Obama Painting Creates Controversy; Called Disrespectful & BlasphemousPosted 15849 days ago
- Fancy, oh Fancy! Happy 46th Birthday To Garcelle Beauvais!!!Posted 15849 days ago
- Spotted: Beyonce and Jayz Hang Courtside at Brooklyn Nets GamePosted 15849 days ago
E.V.E Weighs In On “Wack” Male Rappers; Says Femcees Can Definitely Handle Themselves + Dishes On “Lip Lock” Album
You know the illest pitbull in a skirt, who recently rocked the stage along side Jill Scott at the Budweiser Made In America Fest this Labor Day weekend, has never been one to hold back her feelings or her thoughts. Being named as one of the illest female lyricist of our generation E.V.E has earned the respect of many fellow female rappers including the Queen Bee herself, Lil Kim, as well as a good majority of the male rappers that are familiar with the lyrical damage that Eve is capable of.
Recently, during an interview with Well Versed, Eve weighed in on the over flowing of ‘wack’ male rappers in hip hop today. The former Ruff Ryder queen was asked if she thought female rappers were capable of holding their own against the male dominated industry [referencing T.I. telling Azealia Banks that if she had a problem with him, then she needed to get a man to address him] to which she replied,
“Absolutely! Half the dudes that are out are wack. Lyrically, a lot of them aren’t saying much of nothing, and there’s a lot of females who are definitely saying a lot of things. Definitely, I’d get at any dude, any day of the week. I could care less. I wish a dude would say something like that to me. You know what I mean? And at the end of the day – its just all ridiculous – yes, a chick can definitely come at a dude. That’s so ridiculous.”
Eve also revealed the concept behind her long awaited album ‘Lip Locked’ scheduled to finally be released next year:
Lip Lock means being lyrical and locking down the game again lyrically. And I just love the way it sounds. It’s kind of sexy, kind of edgy, but for me it’s more about just being lyrical and locking the game back down through lyrics.
Cheers to having Eve back on the throne…