- Brandy Is Not Here To ‘Bow Down’; Brandy Talks New ‘Temptation’ Movie + Beyonce New SinglePosted 15849 days ago
- In Case You’ve Missed Out: The Unwritten Rules Episodes 1-9Posted 15849 days ago
- President Obama Painting Creates Controversy; Called Disrespectful & BlasphemousPosted 15849 days ago
- Fancy, oh Fancy! Happy 46th Birthday To Garcelle Beauvais!!!Posted 15849 days ago
- Spotted: Beyonce and Jayz Hang Courtside at Brooklyn Nets GamePosted 15849 days ago
Black On Covers: Meagan Good Covers Upscale + Talks Being Typecast As “Too Sexy”
(Photo via Upscale)
Meagan Good is featured on the latest issue of Upscale Magazine for the August 2012 issue. Depending on who you ask, Meagan Good has held the title as one of the ‘sexiest’ Black actresses in Hollywood for the last few years and while some may be ecstatic about holding such a title, Meagan is over being the ‘sexy girl next door’ as it does have it’s disadvantages especially when auditioning for rolls that require less sex and more grit.
There were a couple times where the director said ‘We really like you, but you’re a little bit too sexy.’ And I’m like, ‘Well, what do I need to do? Wear a turtleneck? You know, loose-fitting clothes?’ And they’re like “Nah, it’s just something that you give off.” I don’t know that I necessarily believe that. I believe that people, when they have a pre-conceived notion of who you are, and things you’ve done in the past, sometimes they forget that as an actor you’re able to shut off whatever you need to shut off, and you’re able to turn on whatever you need to turn on.”
Meagan also opens up to Upscale Magazine about why she loves her husband.
To me there’s nothing sexier than a man that loves the Lord. I can’t imagine anything more attractive. And then, we just get each other, we don’t judge each other. He understands me. His love has brought a lot of healing to a lot of areas that have been really painful for me.
Be sure to check out the new issue of Upscale Magazine available now.