- Brandy Is Not Here To ‘Bow Down’; Brandy Talks New ‘Temptation’ Movie + Beyonce New SinglePosted 15845 days ago
- In Case You’ve Missed Out: The Unwritten Rules Episodes 1-9Posted 15845 days ago
- President Obama Painting Creates Controversy; Called Disrespectful & BlasphemousPosted 15845 days ago
- Fancy, oh Fancy! Happy 46th Birthday To Garcelle Beauvais!!!Posted 15845 days ago
- Spotted: Beyonce and Jayz Hang Courtside at Brooklyn Nets GamePosted 15845 days ago
Black Men In Fashion: Tyson Beckford Does ES Magazine + Says He Created His Girlfriend
Can you believe that this man is 41 years old? I know, it should be easy to believe seeing that he has been in the game for a good minute, however, looking at him you wouldn’t think that he was a day over 30…okay maybe 35 at the very least.
This gorgeous man recently did a photoshoot and interview with ES Magazine. During the interview, the seasoned model, who stands at approximately 6 feet and 1.5 inches, talks about life as a male supermodel and his Australian 21 year old girlfriend who just happens to also be a Victoria’s Secret model.
On his relationship with his girlfriend Shanina Shaik
‘When I found her she was a regular girl. I helped place her with the right people, get her teeth cleaned, her body toned up,’ he says, framing himself as the Henry Higgins of fashion. ‘Everything changed and now everyone wants a piece of her. I hear people say, “You can do better than Tyson.” I’m like, “Really? Really?! I created her!”?’
On growing up in upstate New York
My friends were in gangs. Today a lot of them are dead or in jail. It was a horrible time and I vowed once I left I would never go back.’
On acting and his role in Toni Braxton’s Unbreak My Heart
I’d always wanted to act, and that gave me a chance to show the world I wasn’t just a pretty model but that I could portray a character without speaking. I love silent film, Charlie Chaplin and The Artist. Inside, I was always acting. An actor playing the role of a male supermodel.