- Brandy Is Not Here To ‘Bow Down’; Brandy Talks New ‘Temptation’ Movie + Beyonce New SinglePosted 15846 days ago
- In Case You’ve Missed Out: The Unwritten Rules Episodes 1-9Posted 15846 days ago
- President Obama Painting Creates Controversy; Called Disrespectful & BlasphemousPosted 15846 days ago
- Fancy, oh Fancy! Happy 46th Birthday To Garcelle Beauvais!!!Posted 15846 days ago
- Spotted: Beyonce and Jayz Hang Courtside at Brooklyn Nets GamePosted 15846 days ago
Ask Nicole: How Do I Make My Woman Respect Me As The “man” In The Relationship?
“My fiancee is use to doing things her way or no way at all. She is very independent both emotionally and financially and has been that way for the 3 years we have been together. We are getting married soon and I just can’t see myself not being the man over my family. I have tried to talk to her about it but she simply laughs and says that I am “tripping”. How do I get her get with the program and learn that I am the man in the relationship and should be treated as such?“
- This guy seeks advice on how to make his woman respect him as the “man” in the relationship
Sir, you cannot MAKE anyone do anything. People will only do what they want to do. Fortunately for you I have tips that you can use to help you be the best “man” you can be and hopefully get the results you are looking for.
Remember the word: LAST
L is for LOVE: Show love to the woman in your life like no one else, not even your mother or family. Put her first by showing affection and appreciation.
A is for ACT: Be the “man” that you want her to respect. Take the lead in the relationship. Plan for vacations, your future goals as a couple and do things first. Respect yourself (career, fashion, and etc.). Respect her (never hitting, degrading, and mistreating). Work hard to be a better person each day.
S is for SELF-DISCLOSURE: This means revealing private feelings, fear, doubts, and perceptions with your partner. This is for quality communication because she should know you better than anyone. She then can better provide what you need. (This is better than asking me). Be upfront and honest for the best results to a deserving lady.
T is for TRUST: Trust yourself that you know what you are doing and what you want. Trust the woman in your life that she is different from other ones. Know that she will work WITH you to build a solid foundation. You cannot be around her all the time so you must trust the she is faithful away from you.
If you apply LAST and she is not respecting you as her man, then she needs to kick rocks.
Have a relationship (platonic or intimate) question and need advice? Email Nicole.