- Brandy Is Not Here To ‘Bow Down’; Brandy Talks New ‘Temptation’ Movie + Beyonce New SinglePosted 15844 days ago
- In Case You’ve Missed Out: The Unwritten Rules Episodes 1-9Posted 15844 days ago
- President Obama Painting Creates Controversy; Called Disrespectful & BlasphemousPosted 15844 days ago
- Fancy, oh Fancy! Happy 46th Birthday To Garcelle Beauvais!!!Posted 15844 days ago
- Spotted: Beyonce and Jayz Hang Courtside at Brooklyn Nets GamePosted 15844 days ago
Aaliyah’s Brother, Rashad Haughton, Says Family Does Not Support New Aaliyah Album
Well folks there you have it. Over the course of a few weeks we have heard rumors of a posthumous Aaliyah album being in the works thanks to Young Money artist Drake and his production team. Yesterday we posted the first release from the project which also featured Drake on the track. No doubt any creation of an Aaliyah album whether is involves her long time friends and producers could prove to be risky to her memory as well as her legacy as it has been 12 years since the death of the R&B princess.
After hearing the news and the released track, Aaliyah brother Rashad took to his Facebook account to dismiss any rumors of a biopic and advised everyone that neither he nor his family support the release of any Aaliyah album.
“there is no official album being released and supported by the Haughton family.”
With that being said, one would think that this would be enough to anyone to back off and respect the wishes of her family and preserve her memory the way that it has always been. But we are sure that this wont be the case and that we will be hearing another release sometime soon.
In light of the family’s disapproval, do you think that Drake should respect their wishes and cease production of the album?